Hi! We are Trucksters (http://trucksters.io/), a rising star(tup) in the brand new digital tech-logistics field and we have an exciting opportunity for an operations optimization role.
¿What we do? We are digital transport operator focusing on optimizing long-hauling in Europe. Thanks to our driver relay system, that allows multiple drivers switching among each other, we are improving the standard of trucking.
¿Who we are? We are team young professionals who come from different backgrounds (strategy consulting, sales, IT) and who have a clear mission: we want to create collaboration in the trucking industry to achieve a future where people live better and resources are used more efficiently. Additionally, we have Porsche, Axel Springer and Grupo Undanet as some of our investors.
¿Where we are? We are based in Madrid (Calle Ríos Rosas, 36) although we have a global scope. We expect to have operations in Madrid, Germany, Belgium and Netherlands the upcoming months. Our operating language is English and Spanish, although in our team there are people who talk Portuguese, French, Hungarian, Russian and Italian.
We are currently looking for a Optimization and Data scientist intern (with the expectation to take the word “intern” out of the name in 6 months).
We are interested in talented individuals with a high level of motivation, ambition and sense of responsibility that will support the development of our operations a whole: from process definition, to acquisition of cargoes in the Spot market to promoting new fresh ideas along the way (Creativity is a must).
¿What do we offer? Very flexible way of working, superb culture, shape a Porsche and Axel Springer portfolio company and the chances of being a logistic-rockstar.
¿What do we need from you?
- Help us build our optimization core algorithm (from now on: “brain” )
- Propose new ideas and products that our brain should do
- Analyze our brain behaviour at different scenarios
- Implement the brain with our technology
- Familiar with languages: Python, R, SQL
¿What should be the ideal profile?
- We need you to be creative, brave, a fast learner and proactive: we are doing things from scratch!
- Experience studying or working in mathematical optimization (VRP)
- Fluent in English
- Having another complementary language (e.g. German, French) would be desirable although it’s not necessary
- Having worked in other startups or anything related with innovation would be desirable
Optimization and Data Scientist at Trucksters (Madrid)