PI in charge: Prof. J.A. Lozano
Salary and conditions: The gross annual salary of the Postdoctoral Fellowship will be 28.000 - 32.000€.
It will then be on your own responsibility to make your yearly income declaration at the Bizkaia Treasury Agency.
There is a moving allowance for those researchers that come from a research institution outside the Basque Country from EUR 1.000 to EUR 2.000 gross.
Free access to the Public Health System in Spain is provided to all employees.
No Positions offered: #1
Duration: 1+1 years
Deadline: 31st August 2020, 14:00 CET (UTC+1)
How to apply: Applications must be submitted on-line at: http://www.bcamath.org/en/research/job
Scientific Profile Requested
• Applicants must have their PhD completed before the contract starts. PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Strong background in Mathematics.
Skills and track-record:
• Knowledge and experience in cybersecurity.
• Knowledge and experience in the development, use and application of Machine Learning techniques, mainly in the field of cybersecurity.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong programming skills.
• Ability to read scientific publications and implement algorithms.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers and stakeholders with different backgrounds.
• Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative research team.
• Good command of spoken and written English.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Carry out research in the field of cybersecurity and participate in applied research projects in this field.
• Carry out cybersecurity initiatives in BCAM.
• Collaborate with the Basque CyberSecurity Centre (BCSC).
Application and Selection Process
The selected candidate must have applied before the application deadline online at the webpage http://www.bcamath.org/en/research/job The candidates that do not fulfil the mandatory requirements will not be evaluated with respect to their scientific profile.
• Letter of interest
• 2 recommendation letters
• Statement of past and proposed future research (2-3 pages)
Based on the provided application documents of each candidate, the evaluation committee will evaluate qualitatively: the adaption of the previous training and career to the profile offered, the recommendation letters, the main results achieved (papers, proceedings, etc.), the letter of interest, and other merits; taking in account the alignment of these items to the job offered.
September 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The BCAM postdoctoral contract will start when the selected candidate has finished the PhD, i.e. after dissertation defence.
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cybersecurity at BCAM