- Justification of need
- A scientific-technical training in the field of Statistics and OR for students who can come from both degrees with basic training in Statistics and OR, as well as technical degrees that allow them to develop an academic activity.
- An applied and interdisciplinary training in the techniques of Statistics and Operational Research that are of value in professional practice and thus facilitate their access and integration into the labour market.
- Advanced training that enables interested students to begin research tasks in the area of Statistics and Operational Research, or others, and that may culminate in the preparation and defense of a doctoral thesis.
- Memory verification Master in Statistical Techniques
In the following link you can consult the Master's Verification Report approved in September 2011, which details the structure and operation of the previous master version. During the academic year 2019/2020 only the second year of this version will be offered.
- Recipients of the Master in Statistical Techniques
The aim of the master's degree is to provide a solid training in Statistics and Operational Research. This area of knowledge is enormously transversal, which is why the degree has an academic structure with a high number of optional subjects, which allow graduates from very diverse backgrounds to take the master's degree. Thus, the Master is recommended not only to graduates in Mathematics or Statistics but to any graduate who accredits basic knowledge in Mathematics and Statistics, with motivation for the analysis, visualization and modeling of data in any context.
- Organizing Universities
- University of Santiago de Compostela (coordinator). Department of Statistics, Mathematical Analysis and Optimization.
- University of A Coruña. Department of Mathematics.
- University of Vigo. Department of Statistics and Operational Research.
- Faculties where classes are taught
- University of Santiago de Compostela . Faculty of Mathematics. (Aula 4)
- University of A Coruña. Faculty of Informatics. (Aula 2.7)
- University of Vigo. Faculty of Economics and Business Administration. (Aula 145)
The courses can be followed from any of the three universities by videoconference. Each teacher will teach his or her subjects from his or her University, but students will follow by videoconference from their university of enrolment.
The large number of MTE collaboration agreements is also very positive with regard to the labour market insertion of MTE graduates. It is becoming more and more common for students who develop their TFM in an internship modality in a company to join the same once this work has been completed.
Finally, taking 60 credits from the Master's in Statistical Techniques enables students to join the PhD in Statistics and Operational Research, an inter-university doctoral programme organised by the Universities of A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela and Vigo.